Kleberson signs !?

Bremner

Nopeasti ne asiat sitten toden totta etenivät, mikäli tähän Planetfootballin uutiseen on uskominen. Ridsdale tosin kieltää kauppojen syntymisen - Fowler-diilin läpimenoa varmaankin odotellaan...

LEEDS UNITED have agreed a deal for Brazilian star Kleberson and the player is now looking forward to his career in England. Elland Road officials, led by director David Walker, flew to Sao Paolo on Wednesday and they wasted little time in agreeing a deal worth $5.6 million (£3.4 million).

Atletico Paranaense president Mario Celso Petraglia and one of the player's agents Mario Iramina agreed the deal late in the evening. The 23-year-old will earn around £15,000-a-week from his contract, although the length of the deal is yet to be finalised.

"In any club you arrive at there is a lot of responsibility on you," said a delighted Kleberson. "I do not believe that I am going to be a bit-part player at Leeds, who have some excellent players in their side. "I am going to help, and if I receive the encouragement from my friends, I will play with confidence in my game. "If I play in Leeds, like I did with Brazil, I will be excellent."

Kleberson, who is due to marry his girlfriend next month, confirmed that he will be coming to England to finalise the deal and will then fly back. "I will go to England, present myself, have a game and then come back to marry, and I will then start my new life," he continued. "Before I was just training and thinking about my transfer, but now I have other things to worry me."

Atletico are expected to finalise the deal with Leeds on Wednesday, after which the player will fly to England and complete his protracted transfer to West Yorkshire. Leeds chairman Peter Ridsdale has denied that a deal has been agreed, but that is understood to be down to the fact that Robbie Fowler is yet to complete his move to Manchester City - without which the Kleberson cannot be financed.

Taisivat Kleberson-kaupat mutkistua aika lailla Fowlerin siirron peruuntumisen takia. Vieläköhän johtokunta sallii reilun kolmen miljoonan punnan hintaisen miehen hankinnan...?

Back